Herefordshire Honeyed Spring Lamb with Cider, Thyme & Tarragon
A succulent spring lamb dish roasted in Henry Westons Vintage Reserve and honey to create a delicious and juicy Sunday roast.
- 1.5kg / 3lb shoulder of spring lamb
- 1 tbsp tarragon, chopped
- Salt and black pepper, freshly ground
- 250g / 8oz Herefordshire honey
- 300ml / 10fl oz Henry Westons Vintage Special Reserve Cider
- Good pinch of ground ginger
- 1 tbsp thyme, chopped
- Place in roasting tin and spoon honey over the top, sprinkle with half the chopped herbs.
- Pour the cider over and around the lamb.
- Put lamb in oven for 30 mins, then lower the heat to 160°c / 325°f / Gas Mk 3 and cook for a further hour.
- Take lamb from oven and baste well, adding more cider if needed. Sprinkle over remaining herbs and put back in oven for a further 15 minutes. Leave the cooked lamb to rest in a warm place.
- Place roasting tin on hob, remove excess fat and turn heat up. Cook until reduced slightly then serve with the sliced lamb.
Download the Herefordshire Honeyed Spring Lamb with Cider, Thyme & Tarragon Recipe Sheet
Back to Recipes